The 80/20 Alkaline/Acid chart
The alkaline eating guide for healthy living by Dhyana Tribe
- many commonly eaten foods listed according to their alkaline or acid forming values
- extensive notes on the reverse side of the chart explain 80/20 theory
- easy reference format: suitable for display on kitchen wall or fridge
- sustainably produced aqueous coating for durability in kitchen
- the finest condensed version of the theory according to Dr Theodore Baroody, author of Alkalise or Die
pH (alkalinity or acidity) is the regulator of many cellular processes in the human body and the pH of the bloodstream is considered to be one of the important biochemical balances. Ideally our bloodstreams should be pH 7.4, which is slightly alkaline.
If we eat too many acid-forming foods (white sugar cakes etc.), an acidic body environment may be the result and we will need to alkalise by eating alkaline-forming foods, which contain the alkaline minerals of calcium, magnesium, sodium, potassium, iron and manganese. If your diet is continually too acidic, then calcium and magnesium are extracted from your bones, which gradually thin out, resulting in osteoporosis.
The remedy is to eat an 80/20 diet if you live in temperate regions of the world, that is an 80% alkaline-forming and 20% acid-forming foods, according to your intuitive taste. In Siberia where the temps are minus 30o C (add Fahrenheit) for several months of the year, this proportion may change to 50/50.
* Health Freedoms are created by building up alkaline reserves, which allow one to indulge in a little acid-forming white sugar/ white flour foods.
* We each have a different capacity to neutralise acidity, dependant on digestive juices – the 80/20 theory has to be adapted to suit your constitutional needs.