BY Dhyana Tribe Naturopath
GENERAL APPROX. RATIOS OF PROTEIN, CARBOHYDRATE & FATS - as suggested by Dr Mercola.com – [ this is my summary, Dhyana Tribe ]
Carbohydrate Metabolic Body Types may be happy with 60% carbs, 25% protein and 15% fat. They may swing to 80% carbs, 10% protein and 10% fats and this may unbalance them.
Protein Metabolic Body Types may prefer 30% carbs, 40% protein, 30% fat. They may swing to 10% carbs, 40% protein, 50% fats, and this may unbalance them.
Mixed Metabolic Body Types are somewhere in between the other two types.
Food is a pleasure and it is everyones right to be able to eat what they like, as long as they can digest it. If indigestion occurs then its time to find foods that you can digest.
METABOLIC BODY TYPE - consult Ben Warren www.bepure.co.nz - the expert.
We at www.betterbalance.co.nz research the latest trends in Natural Health and aim to provide the best information to guide you. This following info is a summary based on advise from Ben Warren and Dr Mercola.
Metabolic Body Type dictates whether you are a Protein Type who can digest animal proteins, or a Carbohydrate Type who tends to be a Vegetarian, able to digest grains & legumes. The Mixed Type is somewhere in between these two main types and there are 9 sub-types within the 3 basic types. This does make a difference as to how you digest animal proteins, and the outcome of the relative pH of your body fluids. It’s all about genetics, digestive capacity and the suitability of ancestral eating habits for your type.
Carbohydrate Types are usually the Vegans and Vegetarians.
Protein types are usually meat-eaters. Those with strong digestive juices may be able to digest the Classic Combo of equal portions of meat with potatoes, but for those who get indigestion or heartburn, they may need to use my *Clean Burn Method*, and have their meat with vegetable salads and oily green herb pestos and save the potatoes for a different meal later on.
This is a very brief guide and if you have serious health problems, please get yourself properly diagnosed by a Naturopath or a specialist in this method. I will describe the 3 basic types and you may be able to relate to some of the descriptions. Food is a very personal issue and the foods you are drawn to, may be exactly the right foods for your type. If you are well with no major health problems then you must be doing something right.
Jack Spratt could eat no fat, his wife could eat no lean, and between the two of them they licked the platter clean. Jack is a Carbo type and his wife is a Protein type.
Carbohydrate Metabolic type characteristics
1. Typically a Vegetarian who prefers three quarters of their food from carbohydrates [of grains, vegetables, beans, legumes, fruit] and a quarter from protein and fats.
2. Their ears are paler than their face.
3. If bitten by an insect, they have a mild reaction with minimal swelling.
4. Tend to have a dry nose.
5. They tend to have dry eyes.
6. Does not normally get dandruff.
7. Does not like much fatty food and may prefer to cook foods in water.
8. Craves sweet foods like fruits.
9. They can miss a meal and not worry about it, as food is not that important to this type.
10. Generally their appetite is not great and they do well on snacks or small meals.
11. Meat for breakfast will make this type tired.
Protein Metabolic type characteristics
1. Typically a Meat-eater, they get three quarters of their nourishment from protein and fats and a quarter from carbohydrates. If they eat too many carbs they have blood sugar issues and have to eat protein and fats to stabilise their blood sugar.
2. Their ears are redder than their face.
3. If bitten by an insect they get a strong reaction with redness and swelling.
4. Tend to have a runny nose for no reason.
5. Tend to have watery eyes.
6. Will get dandruff if they eat too many carbs, which are not good foods for protein types.
7. Enjoys fatty foods, choosing cheese-cake and foods cooked in animal fats.
8. Craves salty and savoury foods.
9. They cannot miss any meals, as food is important to this type.
10. Generally they really love food and need to eat rich fatty foods at every meal.
11. Meat for breakfast will energise this type.
Mixed Metabolic type characteristics
1. This type has characteristics of both protein and carbohydrate types. They enjoy equal portions of protein and carbohydrates in their meals.
2. Their ears are the same colour as their face.
3. An insect bite would produce a moderate reaction with moderate swelling.
4. Average moisture from nose, sometimes dry, other times runny.
5. Eye moisture is normal and neither dry nor runny.
6. Dandruff may or may not be an issue.
7. Can handle some fatty foods.
8. Craves sometimes sweet and sometimes salty foods.
9. May be able to miss a meal without being too concerned, but could need to eat urgently if they have blood sugar issues.
10. This type has a moderate appetite.
11. Meat for breakfast may or may not energise this type, depending on their digestive capacity.